CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Soakin up the Sun

We had such a blast in Vegas. Everyone keeps asking- did you go to any shows? Did you see all the sites on the strip? Pretty much- Nope!!! We really went to relax and soak up the sun and that's exactly what we did. We spent about six hours a day parked in front of the pool. The kids loved every minute of it.

Yes the pool really did have a beach that led into a huge shallow area. Wyatt could touch for most of the pool. Livvy absolutely loved playing in the sand. She would mostly go in about six inches deep, sit, and play there in the sand for hours.


This is a rare shot of Wyatt with his head above water. He hates wearing goggles, but if he doesn't his eyes get red and puffy from constantly having his eyes open under the water. No kidding- Wyatt only comes up to breathe. He could hardly wait to get to the pool each morning and was the last one out when they closed.


Of course the kid that needs the goggles won't wear them- and Livvy (who never got her eyes wet) refused to take them off. Most of the time they were on the top of her head like in the above picture. I just loved her new swimming suits- they're my favorite thing- along with her chunky legs.

Everyone loved playing in the sand- here Aunt Hailey and Livvy are burying Wyatt- it didn't last long since he can only stand to hold still for .2 seconds. So instead Wyatt and Livvy helped bury Aunt Laramie. They thought it was hilarious. So did Laramie- until Livvy dumped a bucket of sand on her face :).



We did head to the strip the second night. We went to the MGM grand and showed the kids the lions. Then we headed to the 'Princess Castle' or Excalibur for Livvy, then to New York, New York. We had aspirations to see the rest of the strip the following nights, but after long days at the pool we opted for outlet shopping and buffet eating instead. Here we are in front of the Coyote Ugly bar. Side note- The night all of these pictures were taken, I had rushed to get ready- I mean I have three people to get ready to everyone else's one- so I'm a little hideous- overlook it.



Wyatt, Livvy and Weston were stoked to see this Giant SpongeBob inside Excalibur.

We also went to this neat aquarium outside the Bass Pro Shop. It has REAL mermaids in it Thurs- Sun. Of course we were only there Mon- Wed, so we missed the real mermaids. Livvy was bummed until she saw the monstrous fish. They were so cool. And they had a scuba diver inside cleaning the tank while we were there- as you can see from the second picture- Wyatt is in total awe.

Lots more pictures to come- we took turns taking pictures with everyone's camera and I'm not sure when I'll get them all from all the girls.....but stay tuned.

6 comments:

Brooke Colvin

Cute pictures - that looks like a fun trip. I love the sand next to the pool. That is ingenious! I bet it was nice to get away from the cold Idaho weather for a little while. I love the videos of your kids!

Austin and Amber

Looks like so much fun! I totally missed out! I guess I will just look forward to next year hopefully!

Justin, Amy, and Grace

Where did you stay?! I'm sooo jealous. Oh, I have an idea to run past you and the other roomies for our next reunion. It'll be included in my next blog post when I play "catch-up"

Camey

Hopefully next time you head to Vegas you can come visit us. The plan is to move there in June.

Unknown

Dallas, You guys have to much fun! There you are soakin up the rays and here I am in Canada literally becoming a Heavenly Messanger not only because of what we do but because I am as white as a translated being! ha ha
Man I miss you guys a lot give the kids a big hug for me and make sure that they get there B-day spankings. Dnag Dallas they are getting so old. It seems like yesterday we were all holding our ears up to the delivery room wall waiting to hear wyatt scream. Man time does fly. I love you

Elder Scoffield

Rachel

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And for the record, you never look hideous!