CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm committed

Lately I have been seriously looking for ways to cut my grocery budget and help us save more money on household items. I have found a few websites that I have been so excited about and so am posting them here for any that might be looking for the same things:

1) theobsessiveshopper.net (Thanks Amber!) This lady has a great system for saving lots of money on your groceries. I tried it this last weekend at Walmart (using their price-match) and it works! I was so excited.....just ask Shelby. He's getting quite sick of hearing about all of my good deals :)

2) foodstoragemadeeasy.net. Two friends that have a "Baby Step" approach to gathering food storage. But they also send you great email reminders and helps for the steps as you go and include awesome excel checklists to get all areas of Emergency Preparedness, etc. in order. Love it.

3) YNAB.com (Thanks Sadie!) I downloaded their budgeting software and I'm addicted. I'm pretty sure I play with it two or three times a week.

4) mysquarefootgarden.net. I found out what 'color' of area I live in and this lady sends me weekly emails telling me what seeds to plant indoors, what to transplant that week, etc. She also has great information on her website. I am going to get serious about gardening this year, thanks to lots of help from my friend Kim. She's motivating me!

It feels so great to get a handle on the things that keep bugging you about being a housewife. Next up----finish my spring cleaning. You betcha.

2 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace

I really loved this post... until you mentioned spring cleaning. Thanks a lot for reminding me. Justin's parents are flying in this Thursday and I have soooo much to do around here.

Lisa

Great ideas for websites, I am always lookin for ways to save money.