CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wyatt's Quarterly Report Card

Wyatt's teacher sent home his quarterly report card today with all of the things is he is doing well and those few that he is still struggling with. Here's the update:

Great things:

1)Wyatt has lots of friends that love to pretend with him.
2) His teacher called him adorable and fun.
3) He is very inquisitive. Able to carry on a meaningful conversation for several exchanges.
4) He listens to a message and then gives thoughtful answers.
5) He is able to read his name from a list of his peers (Hooray-we've been working hard on that!)
6) He is able to rote count to 10 (Double Hooray!)
7) He knows and can label all of his colors.
8) He knows all of his shapes but does struggle recognizing the difference between square and rectangle (who doesn't?)
9) And finally......Wyatt is able to recite his ABC's! THIS IS HUGE FOR HIM!

Not so great things:

1)Wyatt needs redirection because he often is easily distracted by his own interests (tell me about it!)
2) He transitions slowly from one activity to another.
3)He is still struggling with fine motor skills and struggles to trace the first letter of his name (W).
4) He needs hand over hand support while cutting.

Overall a pretty great report card! We're continuing to work hard on his fine motor skills at home as well as at school, but I was so thrilled to get such great news that I immediately hit my knees with tears running down my cheeks and thanked my Heavenly Father for blessing my little boy to progress. For blessing him with wonderful teachers and friends that love him and motivate him to learn. For blessing me to be able to help him even when I'm stumped, frustrated, and don't know what else to try. My little guy is progressing and learning so much- I can't help but be immensely grateful.

8 comments:

Scott

Dallas, that is awesome! I bet it feels so good to see all the wonderful things he is doing. I think the thing that melted my heart was that he has good friends. But honestly, who couldn't love that kid?

Olinselot

Dude! I am just hoping Gage's report card comes back like that! Wyatt is doing SO well! Way to go Mommy, it's all because of you I'm sure.

Rachel

Yay Wyatt! And yay Mommy! It is so amazing when they can hit those milestones that you have been working so hard on! I love it when Riley does things that we have worked on for months! School is amazing isn't it?

J-Babe

Way to go Wyatt! So I just read your post about your husband watching OTH with you and don't tell Steve but he was getting into it with me too:)

Justin, Amy, and Grace

Yahoo for Wyatt! That's an awesome report card. I know that Heavenly Father knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he sent Wyatt to your little family. Nobody could be a better mom to that kid. I'm sure that it is because of you and Shelby that that he is making so much progress and doing so amazingly well. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous

Dallas- I am so glad that Wyatt is doing so well, but give yourself a little credit here, you are an amazing mother!! Love ya!

Unknown

Wyatt I am so proud off you you work so hard at school what a great job , I love you Gramma wendy

Unknown

wyatt , Im so proud of you that you work so hard at school, good job buddy ,,love you gramma wendy