CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sick of Being a Doormat

So- I apologize in advance- nobody read this- just skip over my rant and rave that I have to get off my chest. It has come to my attention this evening that I am a doormat. I let people walk all over me all the time. They dump on me, go behind my back, and pretty much treat me like crap. And I say......nothing. I swallow it and go on acting like nothing ever happens while instead I am SEETHING. I am tired of doing favors for friends and family- not little favors mind you- and then getting treated like crap or like I don't matter, or like my activities don't matter. Since when did I tattoo-'Walk all over me- I like being treated like dirt' on my forehead?

I feel slightly better............................I think. Maybe I'm just exhausted from doing Super Saturday today. It went great by the way.

All my 'Always and Forever' buds- you know who you are- leave me a comment to feel better huh? And you all thought my 'blog life' was all roses and chocolates didn't you?

9 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace

Dallas, I love you and I miss you. I hate that people you love make you feel this way about yourself. I think you should have more posts like this. I like it when you get all mad and stand up for yourself. You should do it more so you don't feel like a doormat. Call me sometime and we'll rant and rave to eachother!

Austin and Amber

Oh Dallas. I am sorry. Just to make you feel a little better, I really appreciate you and all you have done for me, especially lately. I owe you big time. I hope you know I am here for you whenever! Love ya!

Unknown

Dallas, you're the best! You're wonderful, caring, an amazing mom and you're so highly efficient at everything- doing your hair, reading, laundry... (all of which I am VERY jealous of by the way). Conference me into your call with Amy. I want to rant and rave too! :)

Unknown

Dallas,
I've never seen this side of you befor. I love you, and I think that it is important that you express your feelings. Goos for you. THat is actually soething that I have to work on too. Way to STAND! I dont know if i was supposed to comment on this but I did

Hilary

Sometimes I feel the same way. How can being nice have horrible consequences? Not fair.

I think blogging gives you the freedom to say whatever the H-E-double-hockey-sticks you want. Okay, almost everything, but certainly some feelings that only our blogger friends would care about.

It reminds me of this blog post: http://www.mormonmommywars.com/?p=1250

There's lots of other funny stuff on there too :)

Olinselot

Don't you love how bad life sucks sometimes. It's all roses and sunshine when you're a stay-at-home mom because you're doing what's best all the time!...yeah right, you become everyone's "hey can you save my ass girl" and like you said...no appreciation, and the most awful part about that is YOU have no one to call when crap hits the fan. Well just so you know, there are some of us out there that appreciate the simple fact that you're willing to say it like it is. It made me feel better to read your blog today and hear it from someone else. Thanks for being there and being real, I love you girl, don't worry about. My bishop once taught me a one liner I like to use..."your emergency is not my priority today, I'm sorry". Lets just say I walked away from that with a greater respect for his time and his help. Miss you so much, take care.

katie

I know we haven't spent much time together, but I think your amazing! I love you and hope that you realize what a wonderful person you are!!

Afton's Blogs

oh sis....lol I love you we are tyo much a like... Dallas you know that i can help you all the time no one ever lets me watch any of there kids i hate it i want to so bad... Please let me help get some stress of.. Sis i love you and i will always be here for you when ever you need it k I love you. you are the greatest...

Kipp and Brandee

Dallas there is this word starts with an n ends with a o. I don't know how to use it either. there is always something isn't there and some reason why you have to do it. well go get another pepsi and a treat because you DESERVE it girl! we love you tons and appreciate you ALWAYS even when we don't say, it wouldn't be great without you.