CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"The Quest is Over"

This quote is direct from Shelby's mouth this evening "The Quest is Over." Isn't that hilarious? He's such a hunting freak. Anyway- Shelby shot his elk this afternoon after weeks of scouting, tracking, and searching. It's not the big one that he wanted to get, but still a pretty good sized 6 point, so he's happy. And I'm thrilled that I have my husband back! For a few days at least- you know he still has till December to shoot a deer and he can start trapping on Saturday....oh well :)






This is a bear track that he found in what he now calls "Bear Canyon" which only means that he now knows exactly where to shoot a bear next fall. You can't blame him for doing what he loves- right?

5 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace

All Justin wants for his 30th birthday is a trip to Idaho to go Elk hunting with Shelby in the fall. Maybe Grace and I will have to go with him and hang out with you and the kiddos. I'm glad He's done for a while.

Hilary

Eww I clicked on the photo and got a close-up of innards! Sick! Haha!

Kipp and Brandee

oh Dallas you are such a good wife putting up with the dreaded "hunting fever" luckily it's not contagious to women although i would appreciate you keeping him quarentiend from my hubby though :) we love you guys tell shelb nice shot i'll be sure to show the pics to my dad, he will appreciate them. :)

Olinselot

Carl really wants to get into that....any advice on the matter? He doesn't have a gun, but he wants to learn how to do it and get all the gear. That's awesome Shelby got his cridder, I love elk meat.

J-Babe

WOw that is a big en! Hey I need your address to add you to the recipe blog:) Just e-mail me at
willjaim@yahoo.com Thanks:)