CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Wyatt- the Shelby mini-me

Two Saturdays ago, Shelby was getting up early to go out in the wilderness not far from our house and set bear baits. He was up and getting ready about 6:15, when Wyatt decided to wake up. The next thing I heard was Wyatt kissing me on the cheek saying "Bye Mom- I'm gonna go shoot bears with Dad. Don't miss me too much!" I knew that it wasn't in Shelby's plans to take Wyatt, so I hurried and got my lazy bum out of bed to see what was going on. Indeed, Shelby had told Wyatt that he could go- and you have never seen a more excited little boy (or daddy actually). Shelby had dressed him head to toe with his cowboy hat, chaps, boots. Wyatt started bossing me around telling me 'Hurry and pack me some breakfast mom! Hurry and pack me some snacks Mom! I've gotta go hunting!" He made sure to grab his gun and bullets and I just had to take this quick picture before he skipped off outside following his Dad.


I found Wyatt in my office the other day hard at work. It was all I could do not to crack up and ruin the moment. Shelby has seriously brain-washed this little boy. But what's more special than a little boy who wants nothing more than to be like his awesome Daddy?

6 comments:

JD and Jalyn

That's SO cute! I love your skinning video! What a smart kid. At least be glad it wasn't a live animal like the family dog or cat or something......:)

Unknown

omg that is soo cute i got teary eyed. just thinking about how that will be jackson in a few years!! Your kids are soo kewt!! wyatt is soo funny. I love looking at your blog!!

The Reese's

so cute! way to go shelby for letting him go, that's a great dad.

Justin, Amy, and Grace

Oh my heck (in my head I hear your voice when I say that phrase)! What a crack up! I can't wait to have a little boy someday who will do everything Justin does. Oh, wait... I already have a little girl who does that.

Abby

So stinking cute I love it

Rachel

So cute!!