CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday You Old Old Old Old Man


Shelby turned 30 today. Enough said. I've been giving my loving husband lots of crap all day- all week actually. But I know he's going to give it back in full force in a few more years :)
A few things about Shelby:
What are his hobbies? Bow hunting, trapping, riding his four-wheeler, working on old crappy trucks, snowmobiling, breaking colts, and more....I can't actually list them all- he has more hobbies than anyone else I know.
My first impression of him: I knew from the moment that I met Shelby that he was the one I was going to marry. I met him at Country Dancing night up at the college and my brother had been trying to get me to meet him for weeks. His hot blue eyes and rippling muscles totally did it for me. I went home and announced to all my roommates that I would be marry this guy......and I did. Mission Accomplished.

My favorite things about him:

He refuses to fight with me. No matter how grumpy I might be, he always remains calm.
He loves to spend time with his kids. It doesn't matter what we are doing, Shelby can make it so fun for the kids. He truly enjoys spending time with them and is always happy to take them wherever he is going or let them help him.

He is so handy! He can build just about anything or fix whatever is broken. I LOVE not having to call a repairman or take my car into the shop. I have my own handsome repairman at home.

He would rather spend time with me. Shelby is slightly anti-social :) and sometimes it drives me crazy (as I am NOT), but it is really nice to know that given the option, he would always rather go on a date with just me, or stay home and hang out with kids.

He is one of the hardest workers I know. It doesn't matter how many hours he has to put in or what kind of task he has to do, he will do it to the best of his ability.

He loves me and only me. He makes me feel beautiful and loved every day. I can't think of anything better.

1 comments:

Hilary

Sounds like he'd get along with A.J.

This is assuming of course that we could get the two of them out of the house and into someone else's for game night (nooo!!! not game night! ahhh!)