CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brag moment

I know it's not very righteous or politically correct to brag about yourself, but sometimes if you don't pat yourself on the back- who will right? So my last post was all about how I am trying to save money lately and I am now updating you on my progress!

Today I purchased the following picture:
  • 10 packages of pasta (on sale for .49 cents!)
  • 4 packages of diapers and 1 package of wipes (using coupons on a great sale price. BTW one is missing from the picture because I already gave it to my sis)
  • THEN I received a Register Rewards worth of $10 my next purchase. So I then turned around and bought all of the following items that were on a great sale for FREE!!!!
  • 5 total Garnier products- shampoo, conditioner, and Hair putty for Livvy.
  • Ajax dish soap
  • Ajax cleaner SO the total price: $104.22. Less the coupons, discounts, etc. of $66.17 and I paid a whopping $38.05 for the total above picture. That's a savings of 63%. I'm sure I can do better if I keep working at it. But a pretty good second effort.

Then I planted my seeds today for our future garden this summer. You can even see a few little sprouts already from what I planted the other day. So far: broccoli, parsley, peppers, red peppers, and lettuce! Thanks to my friend Kim for motivating me and getting me interested in gardening- keep pushing me along Kim!

So- all you who know me really well- Aren't you proud?

3 comments:

Kim

Great buys! I totally forgot about the pasta. Dang it! you spent less on all of that than I did on 3items at Kmart with a coupon!

You have to help me with the coupon thing. I dont have the knack. Oh and for future referance Winco doesnt except internet coupons. Found that out at the register. Grrrrr

Scott

I loved this post and the last post too. How did I tell you about YNAB? I seriously love that program. And... thier customer service is awesome. I email them about every other month and they hook me up with all kinds of help. I can't wait to check out all of your websites! Another thing that could help is this website called e-meals.com. I tried it, but it didn't work for us because we don't live close to a Walmart. They write you meal plans based on what's on sale. You can choose from all kinds of different diets. It's pretty cool. It creates your shopping list and gives you all the recipes. I found some of the recipes to be a little weird, but it was good to try new things too. Again, thanks for the past few posts. I think they will be really helpful.

Rachel

So you need to teach me all of this stuff. I am so lazy that I never have the motivation to do it. But I would love to be able to save that much money. So you should give me some pointers!