CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can't stop myself

I know this post is probably tacky- but I'm just so thrilled that I can't control the urge to post this. Plus I promised a few friends that I've talked to today that I'd show them my super screamin deals I got today at Albertsons. This is the first time I've gotten the doublers in my 5 Sunday papers- that makes 15 doublers- plus the three they give you at the customer service desk- 18 doublers! I checked out 6 times- boy was it fun.

You have to really look to see it all- plus 1 ketchup and 2 packs of cookies are missing. The cookies I already put away and the ketchup I left for Shelby at the shop. Guess what my total paid was----------$18.51. SHUT UP! I was so excited planning this shopping trip last night that I could hardly sleep. I kept dreaming about all the great deals. This is a savings of 84%!!! I was pretty excited. I also went to Target and got some great deals (not pictured), but Ike was a pain in the butt. I forgot to give them a few coupons that I left in my pocket. So my deals there weren't as great as I wanted them to be. Oh well.

As I was putting all of these things away today and counting up how much I've accumulated, I had a revelation. Last January, I committed to working really hard to build up a storage. But in my heart, I just wasn't sure how it was going to be possible. A few weeks later I got really into couponing. I looked today and I have a year's supply of most if not all of our toiletries (toothpaste, razors, shampoo, mouthwash, soap) and a good supply of many of our grocery items as well. It was just such a testimony builder to me that the Lord will multiply our efforts- do the best we can, and he'll provide the way!

8 comments:

Unknown

yay Dallas! And just look at all that Dannon yogurt (my client). :)

Kim

You are the coupon queen! I love it. What a score. I have to read those dang handouts! :D

Molly

That is so awesome. You are an inspiration to me. I STILL haven't learned the coupon tricks yet, but now I am going to set a goal for myself and just do it. Thanks!

Brooke Colvin

I LOVE LOVE LOVE deals like that! That is so fabulous. I love coupons too! It really is amazing how much more you can buy when you have coupons and it feels so great to build up a storage of things and not pay very much for it :) Good job!

Justin, Amy, and Grace

Wow! I'm trying really hard to do the couponing thing, but we're limited on the stores we have around here. We don't have any good national grocery stores like Albertsons or Safeway. I'm getting much better at it though. I'm figuring out how to organize everything and I actually made a trip to Walgreens a couple days ago and saved 78% on baby and household stuff. Yay!

Afton's Blogs

iwish someone would help me out. i need it. lol help me

Laura

next time you come down you should get the family together and teach us your tricks. I have tried but I just don't get how to really do it! That's great that you've done so much in the last year!

Anonymous

Dallas you make me laugh! Here in Kodiak a basket full of groceries is usually around $80. Nice bargain! I love you and miss you. (Your children are beautiful. Livvy looks just like her mom).