CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Enjoying the Good Times

I have the best friends. Period. I had a great one call me today to check on Wyatt just because she knew that he'd been struggling last week. It just touched me that somebody else noticed and remembered. Wyatt has many odd characteristics that make him 'special'. Most of them we don't understand or really know how to deal with except just to struggle through them and hope the next day is better. Point in case- last week out of the blue Wyatt totally regressed. He went through three days of potty accidents, not being able to dress himself, acting totally deaf (he could hear me, but it was like his reaction time was sooooo slow), and just overall shutting down his perfect and fun little personality. I don't know what triggers these episodes. I can't think of anything unusual that happened, his routine didn't change, and I don't have a clue if he ate something that could have triggered it because I don't think he's allergic to anything. Just a random occurence. So we struggled for three days to get back on track. And pretty much I cried through the whole three days. Then slowly but surely, like he was trying to hike out of the fog, he overcame the symptoms one by one. He now has all of his stuffed animals and blankets back (for those of you who understand his discipline system), totally dressed himself yesterday, and was back to pretending all day yesterday to be a bunny doctor with his sister. The best part of my day was the 10-15 times that he came up to me, wrapped his arms around me, sighed and said 'Oh Mommy, I love you.' Having not heard that for three days, it was like heavenly choirs to my hears. 'Sweet boy, I love you too.'

5 comments:

Evynn

Dallas, you're amazing, and so is that sweet little boy of yours. I'm glad things are okay now-hang in there...p.s. I still think wyatt is the best swimmer I've seen at his age.

Scott

Dallas, I am so impressed with your mothering skills. Wyatt is so blessed that you are his mother becuase you are doing an incredible job. As I was reading about schedules and discipline systems and all that, I kept thinking... Wow, this girl has it all together.

Rachel

Oh, that made me cry! I totally know how that goes. When Riley has his seizure episodes he totally regresses too and it takes FOREVER for him to get back. Have they checked Wyatt for seizures? You are an awesome mom though! There are definatley the good days and the bad! You should really call me anytime that you want! I would be more than happy to listen and let you vent to me! Plus, it would give me a chance to do the same!

Olinselot

Way to keep your chin up during the most difficult "mommy" days. Because you're so good at doing that is why Wyatt was sent to you I'm sure. You're the best Mommy he could ever have, and he'll grow to be a great man because of you. Just remember the good days! That's the only thing that keeps me going some days. Love ya

Kipp and Brandee

Dal just a note to say thanks for being my inspiration since well when you moved to tree town and you were so cool and tons of fun plus i could totally share with you and then the kids came whatever would i have done without you letting me hang out for endless hours @ your house and still to this day i think if i could just be half the mom that you are my kids will turn out okay you are the best girl now i'm going to cry so give your adorable kids a hug from us love you