CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Girls Weekend in Park City


So, as you can tell from my earlier blogs, I am kinda a Stephenie Meyer (Twilight) freak. I have loved all of her books, and when one of the great ladies pictured told me that she was having a book signing in SLC, I knew we had to go. We planned a fun weekend getaway with just us girls. We left on Friday and headed to Park City where we shopped the outlets until they kicked us out, then headed back to the condo to laugh till the wee hours. The next morning we went to the book signing and received our personalized autographed copies of 'The Host' (I HIGHLY recommend it). It was really funny because we were making fun of all the 'crazy fans' there and then we realized that we were just as bad because we had driven 4 hours with $4 gas prices just to get this lady to sign our books :). Then we headed to Tai Pan and IKEA for more fun shopping. I can just tell you that it's been a long time since I laughed that hard and had that much fun. Thanks ladies for inviting me and giving me an excuse for some great 'me' time. I needed it.

3 comments:

Olinselot

thats a fun group of ladies! glad you had a great time, wish I was in the picture....it sounds so fun....and I hate missing a party!

Justin, Amy, and Grace

I'm so jealous... not so much of the whole book signing thing since I haven't read any of those, but I'm totally jealous of the shopping. There aren't any good home decor places here like Tai Pan in Utah. Glad you had fun, before you know it you'll be in Vegas for another girls weekend!

Brian Adair Fam

Hey, Dallas! That little girls' trip sounds like so much fun! Aren't those the best? Such a cute picture. Tell Lori and Thad hi for me! (I loved seeing Lori in the pic!) Your kids are so cute, BTW. I love reading your blog and revisiting my old stomping grounds!! :0)