CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Wyatt is a school kid now!

Mr. Wyatt started preschool last week. He now goes four days a week in the morning. The school bus picks him up at 8:10 am and drops him back off at 12:00 p.m. He absolutely loves his teacher, bus driver, new lunch box, you name it- Wyatt is stoked. Here Wyatt and Livvy are getting ready to head inside to his class. Livvy had a really hard time leaving Wyatt at school. She sat on the floor and sobbed. It wasn't a fit, just extreme sadness. She missed him so much while he was gone that she had to draw a special picture to give him when he got home and insisted on sitting in his car seat while we ran errands. Every day when he gets on the bus, Livvy gets very sad and says 'But Wyatt is my best friend Mom." So sweet.

We have high hopes for Wyatt's preschool class this year. I was so encouraged by his new teacher. She seems to really love Wyatt already and is great at communicating with me about her class and what they've done that day. Wyatt will still be taking speech therapy (although he almost doesn't qualify for it anymore) and lot of occupational therapy to help with his fine motor skills. They are my biggest ongoing worry. I love this sweet little boy with a love for learning and new things. He's the coolest.

3 comments:

Unknown

I think you are the coolest to wyatt have fun at school and be good on the bus ok love your grama livvi if you want to call grama while wyatts in school you can from 9:30 to 11:15 is agood time for me ,love you both with all my heart G wendy

Scott

I'm getting Jeff evaluated this week to see if he will qualify for speech therapy. I'm hoping that if we do it will help him with his temper tantrums. Did you notice a big change in Wyatt when he started to be able to express himself better. Assuming that he was ever a tantrum thrower. I don't know if I could see that sweet boy you always blog about ever being upset.

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield

Hey Sadie-

Speech therapy really helped Wyatt alot. He never really threw fits because he signed early on and so he could almost always let me know what he wanted, but we taught him to sign because it was taking him so long to learn to talk. Signing Time is one of my all-time fave things. You might be able to get them from your local library. They are AWESOME! I would get Jeff evaluated for sure. The school system's resources are free and usually pretty great, and I am all for doing all you can to help your kiddies.