CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Good Ole' Gooding County Fair and Rodeo

Many of you ex-hicks from the sticks are I'm sure sad and feeling a bit guilty that you missed all the action from the Gooding County Fair this year- am I right? Not to worry- I'll fill you in.

1) I apologize that I don't have any pictures- Shelby stole- yes stole- my camera this weekend to take pictures of antelope. Grrrrrrr.

2) The mini donut man was nowhere to be found- double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

3) We saw the usual farm animals- Wyatt had to be dragged away from the bunnies. Livvy could really care less as long as she got her Pepsi (it was really Root Beer, but I know I have created a monster)

4) We took the kids to the rodeo on Friday night because my brother Austin was participating in the team roping. Wyatt spent most of the first 30 minutes with his hears covered until he got used to the noise- then he just laughed at the poor cowboys getting bucked off- As usual he loved the rodeo. Livvy didn't hardly look in the arena, she just loved her cotton candy and dancing to all the music. After the team roping, we snuck out early from the rodeo and let the kids ride a few rides. Livvy was a little freaked at first, but started to really like it on the second ride.

All in all it was a fun weekend and a great fun chance to see lots of old friends that we don't get to spend very much time with anymore for some reason and some of you who have deserted the sticks- it was great to see you too.

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace

I love fairs! Remember when you, Bridget, Megan, and I went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair? That was awesome. Especially how Megan and I insisted on going to DI and getting wranglers and boots to wear. Ahh, the good ole days. And oh how I love fair food. M'mm... funnel cakes. I'm looking foward to taking Grace to her first Yamboree here in Gilmer. We experienced it last year for the first time and I'll tell you what (that's totally a Texas phrase right there), it wasn't nearly as exciting as everyone made it out to be. If I hadn't been pregnant and loving all kinds of junk food I think I would've been sorely disappointed. Glad you enjoyed the fair and tell Shelby he needs to get his own camera for taking pictures of game from now on. You have more important things to photograph. I'm sad I didn't get to see a picture of Livvy enjoying her cotton candy.

Scott

You read my mind! I have been thinking all week about the fair and how sad I am to miss it. Fair week was always the best week ever growing up. Thanks for the update! And, NO DONUTS? That's half the reason I even go to the fair, that and the scones. :)

Shua

Sorry for not selling our Donut Delights Mini Donuts at the Gooding County Fair this year. Regretfully we had to drop that show due to a continuing conflict with the Western Idaho State Fair which is more profitable for us. Of course you can find us at the Twin Falls County Fair...stop by and ask for Josh and I'll give you a half off discount, my treat. Thanks.