CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My beautiful new fireplace- and insane kiddos

Shelby, ever the industrious guy, found a wood fireplace for free. It's huge. I mean like Tim the Tool-man Taylor huge- MANLY. It's been an ongoing project all winter to get it installed- little bit by little bit. Shelby poured these huge cement slabs for the base and back, then we found this beautiful marble on an insane steal at Lowe's. Then we had to find all the parts to install the pipe and cap and top in the roof. Finally we were ready to install it. The pictures are in the wrong order, but I'm too sleep-deprived to change them. Sorry :) So first you see the finished project- Then you see my crazy kids. Wyatt has been really really really excited to help his Daddy put this chimney and fireplace in. So his Dad snuck him up on the roof to help him- YIKES! Shelby thought he had out-smarted Livvy but a few minutes later I heard her very nearly getting on the roof by herself- My crazy children!
Here they are looking down in the chimney hole to talk to 'Ikers'.





It's been a long process- but I'm so happy that it's in. It's heavenly warm and will sure help on all future winter power bills. Good job Shelby!
On a funny note- I asked my brother Cody - "What kind of a crazy mother lets her children get on the roof?" He answered "Probably the same kind that let's them have a trampoline in her living room for a whole winter." Ha Ha- true true.

0 comments: