CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Poor Broom- Dead Mouse

The other night after finally getting the kids to bed I was relaxing watching tv while Shelby was in the shower. He had just gotten out and was not quite dressed (it adds to the funniness). I suddenly saw a little mouse peek his head out from behind my tv. I freaked. I know- big baby. I am not afraid of spiders or bugs or other things that many women are scared of, but I DON'T DO MICE! I screamed loud enough that it scared the little rodent back behind the tv. Shelby ran to get the broom - this has always been his mice weapon of choice. I kept pointing out where it was running and Shelby kept trying to hit it and missing. I would scream and run the other way when I thought it was coming towards me and I know that I said more than anyone's share of swear words in that few minutes. But in my defense they were all said in a loud high pitched screaming voice and I'm sure that nobody could understand them anyway :). Shelby finally succeeded in killing the stupid little rodent after all my couches were upside down, both kids were awake and watching wide-eyed from their bedroom doors, and my poor broom looked like the above picture. It turns out that the nasty little creature had crawled up an extension cord that Shelby had snuck into the living room window and plugged into my house to be sure that his baby pheasants stayed warm. Of course I demanded that he unplug it and swore that I didn't care if all the dumb birds died- if I saw one more mouse in my house- He was going to have a crazy wife on his hands. He laughed so hard that I thought he was going to cry- GOING to have a crazy wife on my hands- he said? Over and over.

So- I don't like mice and I'm a little bit dramatic- that does not make me crazy. Right?

4 comments:

Rachel

I would have done the same thing!!! I hate mice too. That is way funny.

Brooke Colvin

Oh Dallas, I could so picture you screaming to the top of your lungs like that. I'm sure it was not funny at the time, but quite hilarious reading about it!

katie

Ok I am the same way! I was laughing so hard at this, because it's me! I read it to my husband and he got a kick out of it too. I think it runs in the blood!

Rachel

I love it! We have had a few mice around our house on account of all of the fields right by our house! Clint is terrified of them which makes it even funnier! I have a funny story for you sometime about that!