CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Camping

This last weekend we packed up the tent (instead of the camp trailer) and headed to the Sawtooth National Forest north of our house about an hour. The first night was freezing cold, but we survived. The next day we spent the entire day on the 4-wheeler riding all over the mountains finding "perfect" locations to set Shelby's bear baits. We would drive all over the trails until we would find the right spot, and then while Shelby was setting the bait, the kids and I would amuse ourselves on the trails. We had rock throwing contests, peeing on the bushes contests (I did not participate :), learned what an echo was, played tag in the trees, and had a snowball fight. Poor Livvy fell asleep several times during the long drive. I took so many pictures that I had a hard time choosing which ones to post, so there are lots.

As we came around one corner we saw a deer, and then just feet from us, was her barely born baby. So new that it could hardly walk. It started to cry for his mother and we drove quickly away after the kids got a quick glance. This video is the replay for you, but Wyatt gets cut off because my memory card was full:


The kids in their sleeping bags on their blow-up beds in the tent:


Shelby had so much fun playing "No Bears are Out tonight" with the kids. This video is of Livvy being the "bear". She's in plain sight, but believes that she is hiding and no one can see her. Listen closely for Shelby singing "No Bears are Out tonight, Daddy shot them all last night". It's hilarious. Okay so for some dumb reason I keep gettting an error when I try to upload this video. I'll keep trying, because trust me, it's worth it.



2 comments:

Camey

Dallas-
Greetings from Ohio! I found your blog through Abby and was so happy to see that you guys are doing so good. It seems like a long time since we have seen all of you. Send me your e-mail and I will send you an invite to our blog.
Camey- cecherrington@gmail.com

Molly

It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am so excited its summer. I'm ready for camping and going to the lake. Fun times.