CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

SuperHero Me

Yesterday at the Wendell Swimming Pool I did what I never had to do in the five years that I worked there as a lifeguard. I had to jump in and save someone! I was sitting on the side of the baby pool watching Wyatt and Livvy when I saw a small Mexican boy get out of the little pool and run and jump "with gusto" into the big pool . I thought "He's not much bigger than Wyatt and I can't believe he doesn't need floaties or at least some help." Right then I see him not being able to get his head above water and I can see his big eyes wide with fear right under the water. I just jumped- then realized how dumb I probably looked. Oh well. He was saved- his mother, by the way, was in the snack bar eating and had no clue where her kids was-some parents frustrate me. Anyway- just funny that I never had to do it when I was paid to, but eventually it snuck up on me!

1 comments:

Molly

You go girl! That would be a funny sight. Awesome that you had the training and ability to save a life.