CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Daddy is a Trapper!

Shelby has been trapping for a few years now and really enjoys it. Sometimes if it is not too cold then Shelby will take Wyatt with him. Last Saturday they had an eventful trip out to check traps. They had a mountain lion in one of his traps. This is a big dea- not only because it's a MOUNTAIN LION, but also because it is illegal to kill a mountian lion in a trap- so you have to let it go.....Yeah- how do you do that? So when Shelby called me to tell me about the mountain lion- I was panicky for my little guy in the mountains with him. They checked the rest of their traps before freeing the mountain lion and found this huge bobcat. This is Shelby's largest bobcat to date and as you can tell from the pictures- the boys were excited. Luckily when they came back around to the mountain lion, he had jumped over that large branch and was kinda stuck by his foot so Shelby was able to free him relatively safely and easily- Whew! Never a dull moment around here!





I blew these pictures up to 8x10s so that Wyatt could take them to Show and Tell last week. His teacher was asking him all the details- So your dad let the mountain lion go, but shot the bobcat? No- Wyatt said- he didn't shoot him. He choked him down!! That's a lovely image for a class of kindergarteners- don't you think?

1 comments:

Scott

I guess I'm not into the trapping scene enough... but what does "choking down" mean?