CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Watching the Garden Grow....

Since this is the first year I've been serious about the garden, instead of just doing it because Shelby wanted to, I'm quite proud of the results. As you can see from the above pic, we have lots growing, and only a few weeds. There are also melons, pumpkins, and zucchini that you can't see on the other side of the corn. The only problem- we've been infested with voles in our garden. NASTY little creatures that look like a large mouse to me. They creep me out. They ate two of my zucchini and I was only able to save 1. I've put poison out, but does anyone else have any experience with these little devils? I could use some tips.

4 comments:

Dan & Brooke

Very impressed with your garden! :) Mine stinks! Grubs have eaten the roots of half of my pea plants. Your kids are so dang cute!

Justin, Amy, and Grace

love the garden! you'll have to come to texas next year and get mine started for me!

Kim

Your garden looks great!! No advice on voles! I hope they stay your direction and dont come a few miles this way. :D Nice job.

(me)linda

Your trapper man can't take care of 'em?! :) haha That's so gross. I'm not a fan of rodents of any kind. Your garden is awesome though!