CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Deck the Halls

Last week we pulled out all the boxes and decorated for Christmas. My kids love Christmas lights like nothing else. They were so excited that they could hardly stand it. Shelby helped Livvy hang lights on her 'cottage'. Then Livvy bossed Wyatt on how best to put up his lights on his tractor bed- that's my girl :).
Then they both attempted to 'help' decorate the tree. It will be a miracle if the tree stands until Christmas. It's mauled all day every day being 'rearranged or fixed'. Notice there are no presents under the tree- I learned my lesson last year. And though the kids are disappointed, there will not be any either until much, much closer to Christmas. Below is the semi-finished product of our tree.

On Saturday I took the kids to the Festival of Trees and to see Santa. Wyatt and Livvy were both so excited to see Santa. Wyatt jumped right up in his lap and started pounding him with questions including- 'Where is the North Pole?' 'Where are your reindeer?' 'How'd you not get stuck in the chimney?' The nice man skated around the answers and then asked Wyatt what he wanted for Christmas- Wyatt answered with a long list of things that Santa did not previously know he wanted. Now that Santa is completely DONE shopping, he will have to return something to at least get something on Wyatt's crazy list. Livvy on the other hand, after actually seeing Santa, decided that she wanted nothing to do with it. Since I had no reinforcements this year to take the picture while I held her there, there is no picture this year of Livvy with Santa. Santa only got a quiet 'thank you' from Livvy for her bag of goodies while she clung for dear life to my neck. So instead, I posted the lovely picture of her last year having a delightful experience on Santa's lap. Oh the joy of the holidays!






7 comments:

Rachel

That picture of Livvy is so funny. I feel your pain. If I even mention the name santa Kaden gets nervous and starts panicing.

Unknown

I need them kids to come and help grampa put up christmas lights he dont no how.. wyatt will you come and help us and livvy can be the boss..love you gramma

katie

That picture of Livvy with santa is a classic! I have a few of those myself. Ahh the Holidays!!

katie
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin, Amy, and Grace

Priceless!

Evynn

Love it

Rachel

This is so great! This is my life with Haley and Riley always just tries to pull his beard off. It is a riot!